Pages

Saturday 26 January 2013

No 3 - It's all foreign to me




Hello again,

It’s ME.
I mean I am ME to me, but Amelie to youwell you know what I mean.
What a busy month it’s been.
I have hardly had a moment to myself;
A million people have been to visit; all wanting to poke and prod and goggle at me.
My Mummy is constantly jabbering away to me in Chinese, because that is where she is from.
My daddy does the same in French because that is where he is from. 
Almost everyone else speaks to me in English because that is where I am from.
No one seems able to speak my language of BabyTalk, except for the occasionally  ‘Goo Goo’, ‘Gah Gah’ and ‘Coochy Coo’ which suits me fine. 
There is such a lot of new things to learn - like feeding, washing, sleeping, dressing, burping . . . and they are just the things that Mum had to learn. I‘m amazed at how she coped.
As for me, I just relax and let it all happen, why get stressed when there are others around to do it for me? There will be plenty of time later in life to do all that stuff.
Meanwhile I’m going to just veg out until I’ve grown a bit more.
Did I tell you I was 4.01 kilos when I was born, not bad eh!
My chances of growing up to be a blonde bombshell or a raving redheaded are nil; as I was born with a thick, long black hair, so I guess I’ll have to settle for being a sultry, black-haired beauty.
I saw my French Mamie on Skype yesterday, she said that she had long black hair when she was born too.
I get to see my French Grand Pere on skype next week-end.
Next month my Chinese Grandma and Grandpa are coming over from China. They live in the Gobi Desert, 56 hours by train to Beijing and then a long journey in an airplane. I hope they will like me; it’s a long way to come to be disappointed.
Must go, it’s time to poop again. 
Smiles from 
Amelie

No comments:

Post a Comment